Announcing our 2017-2018 season with Music Director, Malcolm J. Merriweather. Auditions are being held for all parts. Major venues include The United Palace Theatre and The Riverside Church. Repertoire highlights for the concert season include:
- Ralph Vaughan Williams, Dona nobis pacem
- David Lang, the little match girl passion
- Leonard Bernstein, Chichester Psalms
- J.S. Bach, Singet dem Herrn, BWV 225
Komm Jesu, Komm, BWV 229
- C.H.H. Parry, Blest pair of sirens
- Contemporary works by Nancy Wertsch, David Hurd, Gregg Smith, Robert Sirota, and Libby Larsen
You do not need to bring a prepared piece.
- Pitch memory exercise
- Sight reading
- Text Recitation (French, German, Latin)
The Dessoff Choirs is one of New York City’s leading choruses, and is known for pioneering performances of choral works from the pre-Baroque era through the 21st century. Rehearsals are Monday evenings, 7-10 PM on the Upper East Side.
To schedule an audition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.